A visit to Salt Lake City cannot be complete without a visit to the Family History library of the LDS !
« Founded in 1894 to gather genealogical records and assist members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with their family history and genealogical research, it’s the
- Largest library of its kind in the world
- Open to the general public at no charge
- An estimated 1,500 daily visits
- Currently 100 full-time and part-time professional staff
- Approximately 700 trained volunteers »
If the library was a antique city, it would be Rome, Athena, to make it short : the center of the world! And it’s going to be full house when all genies of the world will meet so be sure to get there early if you want to allow yourself some research-time !